Monday, April 14, 2008

Thing #18 of the 23 Things on a Stick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF03v3oxkJ0
It took me a while to figure it out, but I did it!! Now that I watch the video it is not very good quality, but I thought the book cart drill team looked like a fun idea. I think it would be a lot of fun to do, but you have to have lots of matching carts.
* What did you like or dislike about the sites you explored? You Tube is a lot of fun, but it can also be a big time waster. Most people put videos on there for fun.
* Why did you choose the video that you did? I thought it would be fun.
* Can you see any ways to use video--YouTube or other sites--on your library Web site? My son introduced me to a new use of You Tube about a month ago. It can be used as a type of "Consumer Reports". I needed a new cell phone, and my son thought it was time I moved "up" and added additional features to my phone. Like a blackberry. He showed me several different phones that had short You Tube videos on them. It was really quite helpful. I am a very visual/auditory learner. The video showed the phone, pros and cons of the different features and each video only took a few minutes. I found this a very easy laid back way to learn about the different phones I was considering purchasing.
As for library sites. I think it is a good way to explain the library rules, or how to use a certain electronic tool we have. Some people prefer this way of learning. It could save staff time from repeating the same thing over and over again and also it would be available 24/7.

No comments: