Monday, April 14, 2008

Thing #14 of the 23 Things on a Stick

I took the tour for the Library Thing, and signed up for an account. I also edited my profile, added books to my account and then added a blog widget.

3. Blog about your use of LibraryThing. (see above) Be sure to link to your LibraryThing catalog on your blog. How popular were your books? I don't think my books are very popular. They were hard to find when I bought them. They are from Healing Touch a course of study I have been taking classes on the last few years. Did you find any discussions about your favorites? No, I did not, I suppose I could start one?

* How can you use LibraryThing for your library? I think ECRL should think about using this type of tool on our website. Our website could use some updating.
* How else do you share book lists, etc. with library patrons? I have a big 3 ring binder I have developed, but it gets outdated quickly. We also have some book sites bookmarked on our homepage, but this type of thing would probably be better. The problem is the staff time to keep it up.Would LibraryThing offer an alternative? possibly

No comments: