Monday, April 14, 2008

Thing #15 of the 23 Things on a Stick

If you chose Second Life, write a blog post about your findings and thoughts on Second Life. I am not a gaming person, and never have been. I chose Second Life to look at. I watched the video and then signed up for an account and downloaded it. They have been down since 5:00 p.m. and it is now 7:00 p.m. The note on their website said they should not be down too long. So, I looked at the video from Ohio University. It was kind of interested. I see it mostly as an adverting tool from them. Maybe it also can enhance the college experience for some. I don't think it would for me.
O.k. I tried again and the site was up. I chose a "body" and tried walking around. That was awkward for me. I learned a few things about how to use certain keys, etc. It was more fun than I thought. I bet my son would have fun with this.
Is there a role for Second Life in libraries? I'm not sure. At this point I can't really visualize how it would be useful to libraries. I will have to see if any of my regular patron use this game.

No comments: