Sunday, April 13, 2008

Thing #12 of the 23 Things on a Stick

  • How do you think you can use these tools in your library or at home?I think these tools could be used in a variety of ways for home or work. If you are really into a sports team, or a certain actor, or really into a hobby. It would be a way for you to gain up to the minute information about what is happening..globally if you want to. Work: I suppose it could be a useful reference tool, especially if you just worked the reference desk. An easy way to find the information that people really care about.
  • Do these tools seem to be a productivity enhancer or a productivity detractor? I suppose for some it could be a productivity enhancer, but for most I fear it would be a productivity detractor. I know for me it probably would. I really don't need to know a lot of that stuff, and if it prevents me from taking a walk in the woods, or spending time with my family that would not be a good thing.
  • Have you ever read a story/item as a result of seeing it on one of these sites? I'm sure I have, but I did not know it at the time. Someone probably forwarded something from one of these sites via e-mail.
I recommended a story form the New York Times and posted it on Newsvine. I also commented on someone else's story.

No comments: