Monday, April 14, 2008

Thing #13 of the 23 Things on a Stick

  • Which start page did you choose? Why did that one appeal to you? Will you make it your permanent home page? The My Yahoo. We signed up for this a while ago. The reason this one appeals to me, is this is what I would find patrons at my work use most often. So, this would be a good choice, because if they need help I would be more likely to help them, because I have an account myself. I like the TV listings, since our Sunday paper no longer has a TV show guide.
  • Did you find a tool that has some uses for you at the library or at home? Which tool(s) would you recommend to others?
  • How can the online calendars be useful to you?
  • What about the to-do lists—helpful, too much work…?
  • Did you try out Backpack? What did you think?
  • Did you try any of the other tools in the list? Any good ones we should all try?
  • py and paste the HTML CODE* below into your blog, website, or profile.
    I tried the MSN calendar. It seems a lot like Microsoft Outlook, which I have on my computer, but really have not had a chance to us. It seems pretty easy to us.
  • I also tried the TaDa list. It seemed very easy to use. I liked that you can e-mail yourself a copy of the list. Then you could print it out if you want to, or e-mail the list to others. Remember the Milk looks like it has a lot more features..like sharing tasks and using it with Google.
  • Backpack looks like it would work well in the business setting for working with fellow employees.
  • I also tried the StickyNote.net and thought that was fun, and something I might use.
  • I also already have a PDF converter program that my son helped me get a few months ago and I have used a few times.

No comments: