Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Thing #3 of 23 Things on a Stick

I have heard a little bit about RSS and newsreaders in the past, but I didn't quite understand how it worked. But now that I signed up for the Google Reader and added some subscriptions I understand how it works. It is nice, because they are all in one place. I do not have to bookmark or remember websites. If I don't want to read some of the entries, or do not have time, I can just mark them all read. I will also be able to keep up with easier with some friends that are also doing the 23 things on a stick.

This was a good exercise for me, because there were a few websites I wanted to check out any way, like Librarian Unplugged. And this gave me a good opportunity to do so. If I do find that I am using this more regularly, I think I might make two accounts, one for work, and one for personal.

I liked that there was a searching tool available. I did try doing a search for Healing Touch which is something I am studying. I did not find any good sites. so I did not add one, but when I have some more time I would like to spend some more time searching for other RSS's that I might be interested in. That is all for now. It is 11:33! Time for bed. Robin

No comments: